Saturday, March 19, 2011

Quotable

"James Truslow Adams, who is credited with coining the phrase 'American dream' in 1931, spoke of it as 'a dream ... in which each man and each woman shall be able to attain to the fullest stature of which they are innately capable, and be recognized by others for what they are....The dangerous assumption we unknowingly accept in the American dream is that our greatest asset is our own ability...But the gospel has different priorities. The gospel beckons us to die to ourselves and to believe in God and to trust in his power."

Quoted from Radical by David Platt. To say the least, this book has challenged my thinking on every level and it is time for me to do some serious soul searching. Just look at the title of this blog...I really do feel like I am living the American Dream. I am extremely convicted that I have orchestrated my life for my glory, instead of HIS. The one whom I claim to follow, adore, worship, just may not be at the center.

That is a small window to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment