Friday, September 18, 2015

Omaha House Sold

Today we sold the house I thought I would raise my kids in.

Ouch.

It hurts.  More than I thought.

Sure the bedrooms were stuffy and the bathroom was tiny and the garage was always overcrowded.  But, this was the first house we really lived in.  Lived in, like, "I am going to live here forever."  We celebrated here, shared here, connected here.

"The life of mortals is like grass,
    they flourish like a flower of the field;
 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
    and its place remembers it no more."


It is one thing to accept that we can't control our lives, but it is another thing to live it.  Without our creator, we could be blown over and considered worthless.  However, there is hope.

"As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him"


I lean on.  Press on.  Believing Knowing that HE will make this turn for my good.  If letting go of a house is the sacrifice required to live in His compassion, then I let it go willingly.  Joyously. 

For I know:

"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,

 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."


Bible Passage Psalm 103


4 comments:

  1. We played on the swingset one last time for you. We even said "Goodbye house -- thanks for letting us play on you!" It is a sad day. Doesn't make it bad. Just makes it sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. I agree. It is sad, but maybe not bad. I think the new owners would let you play. They want their daughter to be around kids. :)

      Delete