Cooper touched a squirrel yesterday.
Yep, you read that right.
He was playing the backyard, unattended (obviously since he actually touched an animal!) and came in to the kitchen where I was feeding Capri. "Mom, Mom get your camera! I touched Skippy." And then he ran down the deck stairs. Gulp. So, I ran downstairs, leaving the other 2 unattended. Sure enough, underneath the pine tree where Cooper has been playing quite a bit, I looked up and saw a squirrel struggling to hold on to a branch about halfway up. He had a pretty nasty gash on his side. We left to go to preschool, and thankfully, Skippy has not been back. While telling Troy how this came to be, his story was, "I moved really, really, really slowly and touched his tail. I had my glove on. Skippy (the squirrel) has a scrape on his back."
Cooper has decided he wants to be a scientist to study animals in the jungle. Sounds like a good plan to me, except that there are no jungles where I live. That is a little hard to think about at this point. maybe when he is 15 I will want him to move far away, but I can't imagine the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment