Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Capri: 9 months old!


Capri is 9 months old and on the move! She is "army" crawling everywhere. I used to say that I didn't like the crawling stage but I am loving it the third time around. When she peaks her head around the couch to see me in the kitchen, she is absolutely adorable. This is not just a mother's sentiments, I am sure everyone would agree. She hasn't quite mastered crawling on her hands and knees but she does do it occasionally. She has mastered, however, pulling herself up - in her crib, on the kids' train table, on the couch and TV stand. Getting down is another story. That is when she turns on the whine. I am not sure if she is afraid of falling or just wants my attention, but I find her "stuck" in an upright position at least a dozen times a day.

She is 18lbs (35%) and 28.5" (80%) long. She doesn't seem skinny to me, but the past couple of nights she has been waking up about 90 minutes after we put her down. I give her another 6oz bottle and she sleeps well again. I think she is trying to put some extra weight on.

Her only word is "mama" which, of course, sweetens her to me even more. She loves to give open mouth kisses and she adores her big brother and big sister. In the morning, she wakes up ready to eat but once her belly is full, she gives everyone a smile. Her favorite food is anything she can put in her mouth, by herself. This is the first glimpse of her personality that pairs her up with Camry. Now when I feed her, I let her hold a spoon, while I feed her with another one. That is the only way to keep her hands from trying to pull the feeding spoon away from me. Camry was the same way. I am trying to give her more finger food but it isn't very simple while she only has 2 teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment