
Troy: Troy cycled with a few co-workers in the Corporate Cycle Challenge. It took place in downtown Omaha. He even across the pedestrian bridge and into the trail in Iowa. Troy has been busy dissecting on waterfall-less pond. We took all the plants and rocks out of it and it is huge! Now the rocks are plastered all over our (dead) grass and awaiting the fun part-placing them back in once they are clean. We hope to get the waterfall working (thanks for Uncle Paul for fixing our pump) and some fish in the pond. Won't that be cool?

Tiffany: My foot has been hurting since just before the tri-athalon in July. A church friend, Adam, is a physical therapist. He looked at my foot and told me I just needed better shoes (and give up my beloved Chaco's). So, that was good news. On the days I follow his advice, my foot pain is very minimal. I have even gotten down to my pre-Capri/pre-Camry weight. Now I just need to work on getting back to my pre-Cooper weight! Exercise helps, but it really about eating healthier. My mom gave me a sample diet from Metabolic Research and it has helped me alot. Also, I have been doing the Crave Bible Study by Lisa terKuerst with Jayme. That book is packed with good truth! My favorite thought that I m dwelling on now is that the next choice I make with either be a compromise or it will be a victory. The victory is in the everyday choices, not in the final result of losing weight. I realized that when I did my first triathalon. The victory was in choosing to workout consistently to get ready for the race; the race itself was a celebration of those victorious decisions.
Cooper: He thanks God that he gets to go to Kindergarten! He loves the "restaurant" food but sometimes wants to pack a cold lunch because "the cold lunch kids get to go first in line." I was fearful that he would question my and Troy's authority, but one day he came home with a stop light that was marked Stop, Wait, and Go. He told us that was wrong because, "yellow means hurry up." He, he, gotta laugh, right? Cooper is such a truth kid-once he has been taught one thing, it sticks. He doesn't see how yellow could mean something else.


Camry: She is so awesome! We love spending more un-interrupted time together (if you do not include the interruptions from Phinehas and Capri). We work on alphabet or number stuff everyday and she knows half of the letters. She still struggles with choosing to have a good attitude but we work on it. We pray daily that her sensitivity would not solely faocus on her feelings, but on others around her. After school one day, we were practicing Cooper's "I Am..." books. We took turns saying, "I am..." Camry said, "I am pretty and nice." Wow, something good has spoken to her heart! (Cooper said, "I am strong!") She thinks Dr. Seuss books are the best. On Thursday we had the opportunity to see her preschool classroom. She picked out her sparkled skirt to wear. She was shy, but excited. She burst out in tears because someone else had put their nametag in her cubbie! After that fun, I let her choose where to go to lunch and she chose corn dogs at Runza.
Capri: She loves to get the games out (not allowed to do) and she is sneaky. Once I tell her "no" firmly, she will go into another room, watch for me to get out of sight and then come right back to the games! A little rebellious, don't you think? She says "Hi", waves, and makes the "h" sound when I hand her food that is hot. She used to know her nose, belly button and "So big!" but now she just confuses them all the time. She loves to stand on her changing table and then lunge forward for me to catch her. I hope I am always there to catch!
No comments:
Post a Comment