Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Bird

While the girls were sleeping inside (myself excluded), Cooper collected treasure in our backyard.  Treasure mostly consists of rocks, shiny things and pellets from air guns that we find while walking in our neighborhood.

Last week, he found a baby bird just hoping around and was very excited to show it to me.  Remember the squirrel incident?  Yeah, it was just like that.

So, like any attentive mom would, I closed down Facebook (Hmm....) and went to check the little bird out.  The bird was jumping around, below our middle-of-the-yard deck.  I think his wing was hurt.  I explained this to Cooper and asked him not to touch him, otherwise we might hurt him more.  I didn't really think Cooper would try to catch him but I thought this may be just like the squirrel.

Fast forward about one hour, Camry wakes up, slips he shoes on and is out the door to play as well.  Not even 10 minutes later, she comes up to the patio door to show me her bird. Yes, she was holding the bird.  Cooper may have just wanted to touch the bird, but Camry catches the bird.  Wow, does this girl have guts.

For all you animal lovers out there, Camry put the bird back below under the deck, we fed it some bread and I didn't allow the kids to touch the bird anymore.  We saw the bird hopping around the backyard for a few days and then today I believe the bird came back.  It tried to get in our house by running into our patio doors.  Sure, it could have been a different bird, but it looked just the same.  Camry fed it some bread from inside the patio doors.  It ate and flew away.  Oh, don't you just love a happy ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment