Thursday, June 23, 2011

Why I stay home...

When Troy comes home from work, he usually finds me complaining about something. I am truly sorry about this. I love staying at home with them. This was and continues to be my choice. Thank you, Troy, for making this happen for me. I read on another blog today why that mom chose to stay home and it says it better than I can:


"I don't want to miss our baby's first steps...have him smile or do
cute things at someone else all day long while I have a one-dimensional picture
on my desk...have his cries go unanswered or artificially pacified...I don't
want someone else to know my baby the way I'm meant to. Six or eight or
twelve weeks off can't possibly be enough time! I'm the one who should be
there...snuggling, reading to him, telling them "night-night", the first face he
sees when he wakes up from his nap, able to pick him up when they cry,
give him my affection, and pass on our values...I don't want to miss these
things! God made mothers to be with and for their children. I can't
keep working."


See, staying at home with as much for my me as it is for my kids. This is my one chance to do this season with them. I know I will not get it back. God, forgive me for complaining about short nap times and hyper, bored kids.


My quiver is full and I love the gifts you give.


Children are a heritage from the LORD

offspring a reward from Him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior,

are children born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

Psalm 127:3-5

1 comment:

  1. You'll like this article:

    http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/motherhood-as-a-mission-field

    ReplyDelete