Monday, February 28, 2011

I quit!

Back April, when we were in contract to buy a house and were still trying to sell our current home, I accepted a temporary job with AAA. The LORD graciusly blessed us with selling our house first before we had to buy the new one, (He protects us sometimes from the mistakes we purposely make) but we decided that it would be best for me to continue with the job, through 6 months, because I felt obligated to stay since they had trained me to work the summer months. Plus, we were dreaming about all the fun things we could do to the house (new appliances, new deck, new pondless waterfall, new cabinets in kitchen, etc).

Fast forward a few months and our AC went out. We decided since we could (kinda) afford it at the time, we should replace the AC and furnance. And since we are going to be here for 15 years (yes!) that we should get a really good system. $8500 later, I am working to replenish our emergency fund and keep us debt-free.

Summer turns into Fall turns into Winter. Troy and I kinda have this split shift thing working out and we reach a good spot financially. We decide to buy a few more things (appliances) and Tiffany commits to work til the new baby is born.

Winter, well, how do I say this politely, stinks! AAA demanded that I work overtime, pick up shifts, etc and the work environment is kinda stressful. My job in which I get to read books and catch up on email is no longer fun. Plus, I am tired (pregnancy anyone?).

Troy, so sweetly, said, "I think you should put your two weeks in". My head spun around, "Really?" He said, "I would like to spend more time with you." Really? Really? Okay. It took me about 24 hours to process that, and I quit tonight.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Let's get the kids together...next week work for you anytime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news - good for you and the whole Coler family!!

    ReplyDelete