Cooper saw his new train table. :( The story goes like this...
Last night my mom invited us over for dinner since we had a showing during the time I would normally be making dinner. So, we headed over there and I went to her basement to get a highchair for Camry. I startled when I saw a frog jumping in her basement and screamed, "I found the frog!" (That is a funny story itself). Bill, Troy, Mom and Cooper came down the stairs all excited that the frog could now be removed. I didn't wait for them to catch it, I headed upstairs. Once Cooper saw the frog, I am told, he was scared so my mom told him to come stand by her, which happened to be just in view of the train table (its secret location!). I guess Cooper saw it and started shaking and dancing. He said, "Train! Train!" My mom, unsure what to say, said, "That is Uncle Kyle's. You can't play with that till he comes over." (This is a fairly resonable statement becuase Kyle, Jayme and I all have stuff in the basement). She quickly rushed him upstairs. Being the calm and fair-minded kid that he is, he accepted this and hurried up the stairs to tell me about it. I could only catch a few words such as "Train" "Table" "Bucket" "Guy-mans" "People". He was rattling off quite an excited story and none of us could stop our giggles. Although slightly disappointed he saw it, I was more estatic that he was instantly in love with it.
So, the story goes on. We eat dinner; but Cooper doesn't eat. He ate a few tomatoes (practically his favorite food) and asked to get down. He wanted to go downstairs. Mom covered, "We can't go downstairs till Uncle Kyle comes over." Cooper accepted that calmly again and went to play with his cars. One half-hour later, when it was time to go, he totally melted! He laid on the floor and cried and said, "Uncle Kyle...Train...can't go...not here...train...downstairs..." I genuinely felt very bad for him because Uncle Kyle lives in Denver and won't be coming anytime soon yet Cooper just assumed he was coming tonight. How he wanted to play with the trains!
I can't wait for tomorrow. He is going to find it set up in our family room. Hopefully we will have good video footage to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment