Camry had lice. Capri had lice. I had lice.
Within 20 minutes (record time, no doubt), I had 3 kids loaded in the van, on our way to Walmart. I bought all the Lice treatment they had-5 boxes. Treated kids and myself, washed 12 load of laundry in hot water, dryer for at least 30 minutes. Vacuumed, vacuumed, vacuumed. Thought to myself, "Super mom can get rid of lice in one day no biggie!" How naive!
Day 4 rolls around, more lice in Camry's head. Treat her with prescription this time. 12 more load of laundry. Day 6 comes and I am itching...what a disgusting feeling. Find 1 in Capri. Treat us both. 12 more loads of laundry. Day 8 more in Camry's head. By now, I figure out the prescription and the over-the-counter treatments don't work. Duh. Forgive me, I only have a Master's degree. Troy found an all natural treatment online that claims to be 100% effective. We have to wait 3 days and spend $130 but I am convinced nothing is going to really work so it is worth it. Day 11 I treated myself, Camry, and Capri (though the girls' head looked good) and now they are gone!
What did I learn?
1) Camry is amazing resilient. She tells people, "I had bugs in my hair" but never once she she whine or complain and be upset about the treatments. God grace to me.
2)Lice aren't spread that easy (Cooper and Troy never got them. We are guessing we got them from a hotel stay.) but they are hard to get rid of! We are so thankful we didn't share these with anyone.
3) Clearlice is the way to go. In fact, I have plenty of solution left so if you get lice, call me. I won't expose you. It can be our little secret.
No comments:
Post a Comment