He has no idea how much schooling he has ahead of him, but he is excited to start. This summer I am going to teach him how to read, do addition (he knows quite a bit of this already), count by 2's (already counts by 1's, 5's, and 10's), some geography and animal study, count money, tie his shoes, ride a bike, do a button, learn some chores. Don't forget the fun stuff like going to the zoo, library and parks, taking discovery walks, playing soccer, Lego's and crafts. Some things he is "ahead" on and others things he gets frustrated and wants to quit. Pray that I don't get angry with him. I hate it when people (including myself) don't really try. My tendency is to get angry. Cooper doesn't react well to that. It makes him fearful and emotionally broken.
I am also looking into a Bible curriculum. I think that I have neglected to teach him enough about our faith, Bible truths, and values. It is true that kids "catch" values when you live them out, but I think it is past time for him to be learning scripture. Hopefully, we can memorize some scripture as a family.
Oh my goodness! They gave the kids gowns!!!! Too adorable!
ReplyDelete