Thursday, April 12, 2012

Snapshot: April 12th, 2012


Troy: busy doing appraisal's at work, though he is taking tomorrow off to relax on his birthday. I asked him if he had any special plans for his day off. He said he thought he would work on our small landscaping project in backyard a little. What!?! That doesn't sound like biking, fishing, or hunting to me.

Tiffany: I had the best time last night with Cooper and Camry. We went to Monclair Community Center and swam in their pool for 2 hours. I don't particularly like recreational swimming, but with Cooper and Cam, it was a blast. They have a handicap ramp to go into the water and both kids can touch the bottom in the shallow area. Camry would climb out with the intention of jumping in. She would get scared, so she would say, "I going to walk in (down the ramp) and then walk to you. You don't move." She was having fun dancing in the water too. I must have heard, "Look at me!" at least two dozen times. Cooper had so much fun jumping in, climbing out, jumping in, climbing out, repeat. At one point I was helping him paddle to the deep end. As we passed the lifeguard he said, "She's my favorite" When I inquired he said she looked pretty and nice and that he "liked teenagers." What!?! I have never used the word teenager around him before. Troy must have taught him that last time they went swimming. Anyway, my 5 year old likes teenagers? You have got to be kidding!

Cooper: Besides liking teenagers, he still likes a little brown-haired beauty at his school, Maddie S. They must have been talking about teasing at school because said he at dinner, "It is not nice to say someone likes someone else." I explained that can embarrass people, such as, "What if Asher said to everyone that you liked Maddie S? Would that embarrass you?" Cooper so seriously replied, "No, because that is true!" Troy and I shared a good smile over that.

Camry: She doesn't like "quiet time" as has almost given up her naps. She has the most energy out of all of us. She is really liking Cooper's Leap Pad and he is kind enough to share it often. When Capri is around, you can usually find Camry tackling her or just sitting next to her and giving her a bear hug. Gentleness is not in her touch vocabulary. I am really amazed at the things Camry knows. She picks up on things; she is such a good helper too. She is as tall as the girls in Cooper's preschool class, so I think Cooper and Camry are twins that were just born a couple years apart!

Capri: Prefers Cooper due to previous Camry post comment. I think she is going to be our entertainer! She loves it would Coop and Cam laugh at her and it encourages her even more to throw her food on the floor, take all the books off the shelf, bite, and other "naughty" things. I say she is a naughty baby, but I think she is just more curious and active than Coop and Cam were at her age. Today as I walked away from the table to get her a rag, she stood up in her high chair and started sprawl towards crawling on the kitchen table. She stands up in the stroller as well. Capri was the first kid of mine to throw a toy in the toilet, and she is the first that I need to use the buckle in the highchair and stroller. She will be walking soon, but I don't think by her first birthday. She has 7 teeth and has starting to wake up in the middle of the night again. She just wants to be rocked and put back to sleep. I am (generally) happy for this special cuddling time.

No comments:

Post a Comment